The collection is no less a part of worship than any other part. It should not be treated as an after thought.
- The collection is usually taken after the Lord's Supper since the men to pass the trays are already available.
- Make a distinction between the Lord's Supper and the collection. We don't want people thinking that the collection is payment for partaking of the Lord's Supper.
- Note the purpose of the collection and what the funds are being used to accomplish.
- For visitors, make note that the collection is a responsibility of the members. We are not asking visitors to pay for their visit.
- Reading a passage concerning the collection, the work of the church, or giving is appropriate.
- Offering a prayer of thanksgiving before the collection is also appropriate.
Getting the Job Done
- Work in cooperation with the man at the other end of the pew.
- Try to avoid rattling the trays as they are being passed.